Oats with Blueberries
- 1 2/3 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons or raisins (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup or a little honey (optional)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped or grated
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
In a saucepan, combine the water, cinnamon, oats, and raisins. Simmer until the oatmeal is creamy. Add the blueberries and extract. Cook for 5 minutes, or until hot, stirring constantly. Mix in the apples and nuts.
Recipe Adapted from Eat to Live, Joel Fuhrman, M.D.