2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 - 3 leeks (white parts only)
1 head of cauliflower
7 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cups raw cashews soaked in water
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons chive or a grating of nutmeg to garnish (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and saute the garlic and leeks and 1/4 tsp salt for about 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the cauliflower and saute for another minute.
3. Add the vegetable broth, increase heat to high, and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
4. Allow to cool slightly then add the drained cashews.
5. Blend in a high speed blender and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. To serve, garnish with either chives or nutmeg.